Replaced shelf inside. Crushed blue velvet lined.
Trinity House was the name for the light house service in Great Britain. These exquisite boxes were made circa 1850- 1880 by the keepers of the lighthouses and lightships while they were on station. They are delicately inlaid with several types of wood and usually feature accurate pictures of vessels from the period. They were marketed directly to the sailing captains and owners of the ships they aided. Fine inlaid woodwork is a telltale attribute of their learned craft, with parquetry and marquetry examples in existence. The Trinity House Box, for letter writing, sewing, and tea storage are very desired.
first name :