With three-stage tapering barrel, initialed on the trunnions, B.P.& Co. and the number 925. The yoke is also signed with the makers name, B.P & Co. It is mounted on a iron swivel loosely set within a wooden base with handle and wheels.
Bailey, Pegg & Co. were founders in London between 1812-1966 initally at the Gunwharf, Wapping, then latterly at 81 Bankside, SE1. They specialized in supplying iron guns to arm merchant ships amd also to the established trading posts in "outlandish places".
The gun is 25 inches long. Overall is 14" high x 34" long.
first name :