A very fine solid brass ship's bell with clapper. The ship's name MINNA is deeply cast into the bell and painted black. The name and stepped edge make this a great looking bell which has a nice tone when rung.
MINNA was a 1,544 ton cargo ship built in 1922 by Nylands Verksted, Kristiania, Norway for Swedish owners Trelleborgs Ångfartygs Nya AB, Trelleborg, which was her port of registry. She was placed under the management of F. Malmros.
In 1934, MINNA was sold and renamed BRITT. In 1939, she was captured by the German Kriegsmarine and sold to German owners the following year and renamed LEBA. In 1945, she was seized by the Allies and passed to the U.K. Ministry of War Transport(MoWT) and renamed EMPIRE CONAVON. She was sold again in 1947 to a British company and was renamed BALTKON. She served until 1959 when she was scrapped.
An image of the ship as BALKON is shown here for reference.
first name :