This fine bell of good size and tone is from the H.M.S. CELANDINE- a Royal Navy Arabis Class sweeping sloop built for the Royal Navy in 1916 by Glasgow shipbuilders Barclay Curle & Company. CELANDINE was sent to Gibraltar upon her commissioning where she was one of the sweeping sloops directly attached to the station until June 1918 when she became part of the Eleventh Sloop Flotilla based there.
The Arabis class ships ships were also used outside their minesweeping duties as patrol vessels, tugs, and personnel and cargo transports.
The ship's name is clear as is the broad arrow mark of the British Admiralty. This is a great WWI Naval artifact.
first name :