This compact British propulsion unit is a full-sized vertical tandem compound steam engine that was used to power a small steam launch at the turn of the last century. It features twin mahogany lagged cylinders with 2.5 x 4.5 inch borse and a stroke of four inches.
Other interesting aspects of this engine include: lever operated Stephenson link motion, balanced crank crosshead-driven air and feed pumps, and a cast disk flywheel with baring holes.
This unit was manufactured by the engineering firm of Simpson and Denisons, Dartmouth, England about 1895. Their Kingdon's Patent maker's plate is atop the engine.
first name :